Setting up Dave Winer's River5 RSS aggregator in MX Linux (Debian Stretch)
[summary]Setting up Dave Winer's River5 RSS aggregator in MX Linux (Debian Stretch)[/summary]
git clone https://github.com/scripting/river5.git
get node and npm
followed instructions at https://linuxhint.com/install_npm_debian/
go to river5 directory
go to http://localhost:1337/
From his file FORPOETS.md :
Okay now you have River5 up and running, but it's only reading the feeds I told it to read. Things get more interesting when you create your own list of feeds.
For this part you need a plain text editor, like Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on the Mac.
- FInd the URL of a feed you want to subscribe to and copy it to the clipboard.
- Open your text editor and create a new file.
- Paste the URL into the text file at the beginning of the file.
- For each new URL add it on its own line.
- Save the file into the lists folder at the top level of the RIver5 app folder. Call the file myRiver.txt or something else that ends with .txt.
- Make sure River5 is running. At the top of the minute it will read the new file, along with all the others in the lists folder, and add it to the feeds it checks.
- There will be a new river named myRiver.js in the rivers folder.